Warslow & Elkstones Action Group Presents
Warslow Beer & Classic Vehicle Festival
Saturday 7th July 2018
FREE ENTRY 12 NOON - 12 MIDNIGHT
CAR PARKING £1 PER CAR
This year, once again, we have something for all the family, including children's entertainment, live bands, vintage rally, a fell race, fabulous food from the Peak District and of course, a wonderful array of over 25 real ales and ciders.
12.00 noon START - Food served all day!
2.00 - 4.00 WARSLOW SILVER BAND
Throughout the afternoon there will be fun-filled events in the field for all the family
4.00 - 6.00 THE GREAT LORENZO
9.00 until Midnight THE FRONT COVERS
*Times are approximate
Warslow Silver Band
Our very own Warslow Silver Band are back again this year with their lively mix of band standards and intriguing surprises.
The Silver Band open up our entertainments with a couple of performances starting at around 2pm.
Always popular with kids and adults alike.
The Front Covers
The Front Covers are a multi-disciplinary three-piece who find joy in guiding their listeners through a memorable musical journey of much-loved songs from the 1960s to the present day.
Check them out here
The Great Lorenzo
He's back by popular demand!
An afternoon of magic, comedy and mayhem for all ages.
Fun for all the family!
Beer & Food
Enjoy over 20 real ales and ciders from a wide range of breweries and this year we've even added a gin bar! Previous years have seen excellent ales from Thornbridge Brewery, Hartington Brewery, Whim Ales, Leatherbritches, Peak Ales, Falstaff Brewery and many more...
Last Year’s Beer List
1. Lemongrass & Ginger 3.8%
2. Mad Ruby 4.4%
3. Blind Tiger 4.5%
4. Roaring Meg 5.5%
5. Lewsy Lous 3.8%
6. Milk Stout 6.0%
7. Ashby Pride 4.0%
8. Malt Teaser 4.6%
9. Poet's Tipple 4.0%
10. Mayhem 5.0%
11. Bohemian Dark 5.9%
12. Neolithic 4.1%
13. Lapsong Golden Lager 4.0%
14. Late OTT 4.0%
15. Back, Sack, Quack 4.2%
16. Marynka Session IPA 3.3%
17. Bohemian Gold 5.9%
18. Essington Bitter 3.8%
19. Flower Power 5.3%
20. 3 Faze 3.8%
21. Essington IPA 4.8%
22. Hartington IPA 4.5%
23. Churchill's Pride 3.9%
24. Steep Hill 4.3%
Farmhouse Perry 7.0%
Norman Cider 7.5%
Game Cock Sweet Cider 4.5%
Stoke Red Cider 7.5%
The Beer Festival was originally set up as a beer and food festival and the tradition of having excellent things to eat throughout the day continues.
Proceeds of food sales go towards good causes and next year’s festival.
Burgers and Sausages
Locally sourced beef and sausages served on freshly baked buns (Ashbourne Bakery) with delicious fried onions and condiments.
The now legendary vegetable chilli served with fresh bread and butter.
We never seem to have enough of these amazing vegetable samosas made by hand in Normanton, Derby.
Produced and donated by villagers and locals, there’s a wide array of cup cakes, sliced cakes, brownies, etc.
Warslow Beer Festival Fell Race 2018
Arrangements for the fell race 2018:
- Entry to the fellrace is now open on www.fabian4.co.uk website. Sorry there will be no entry on the day.
- Time of race 14:00 pm, start in the field (the same as 2017)
- CAR PARKING – please note this is NOT in the school grounds as 2017. There is a designated field accessed from the main B5053 southwest of Hobcroft Farm. Please follow directions to this and car share if you can.
- SAFETY PINS – as with Clough Head, please bring your own – we all have lots of them in little bunches of 4 lying around ready to be reused – put some in your car now. If you forget then it’s 50p for 4!!
- POST RACE DRINKING WATER – in the interests of the environment I’m trialling use of washable mugs (mine!), etc. There will be 50 mugs available at the finish, as well as washing up facilities. Please have a drink, then wash and rinse your mug, and replace it on the table for a later finishing fellow runner.
- ROUTE MARKERS – the last 2 years there have been 100s of marker tapes, and no excuses for wandering “off piste” – this year there will be less markers, but still NO EXCUSES! Maps will be available in the marquee.
- PRIZES – this year these nominal awards will be FOOD & DRINK vouchers for use at the festival / on the day. Last year I recall lumbering at least one winner – who was on a cycling tour – with several heavy jars of chutney – not ideal! Prize ceremony will be at about 4pm.
- Remember this is a category A race – it does have steep climbs and descents. If you are thinking of entering and are nervous of heights, we suggest a recce. This will hopefully reassure you that the route is basically safe, with very few possible craggy drop offs. These can easily be avoided by using grassy lines which are runnable. The route also passes through several working fields possibly occupied by livestock. As in 2017 there will be “cow marshals” to hopefully keep the running flock away from the herd herd. More details are available on the FRA website (www.fellrunner.org.uk )
A popular attraction every year in the field opposite Warslow Village Hall.
Get up close and personal to an array of machinery from classic cars to tractors and steam engines.
If you have a vintage or classic vehicle, no matter how pristine or tatty, please bring it along - the more the merrier!
Camping is available for Beer Festival guests on SATURDAY NIGHT at a cost of £5 per pitch.
The campsite will be well sign-posted around the village.
There are no facilities on the field but the public toilets in the Village Hall are open all night.
Space is available on a first come, first served basis.
For all camping enquiries, please call David Isherwood on 07949 870487
The best way to contact us is by email at this address email@example.com.
For camping enquiries please call David Isherwood on 07949 870487.
The Warslow Village Hall postcode is SK17 0JJ for Sat Nav.